Advanced Sourdough Consultancy
Do you operate a bakery that wants to introduce high quality sourdough bread? Or are you about to open a new bakery?
The best way to learn is while you bake. Spend 2 full baking shifts at Companion Bakery working with Graham & his team. We will make several varieties of sourdough bread & cover all the fermentation techniques you need to know to run a successful sourdough bakery.
Techniques covered include:
- Firing & baking in a woodfired oven
- How to bake great sourdough in gas or electric oven
- Hot & cool starter fermentation techniques
- Flour characteristics & selection
- Dough development
- Bulk, intermediate and final proofing styles
- Balling & shaping
- Using bannetons & other forms including tins
- Warm & cool proofing (retardation)
- Sourdough workflow: adapting sourdough process to suit your lifestyle/bakery schedule
- Recipe creation
We will also make the time to visit Callington Mill and take a closer look at the production of organic stoneground flour.
Cost: $2000.00 plus GST (Private tuition - 1 person)
Duration: 2 baking shifts - firing the oven, working the dough, baking bread
Date: By negotiation